Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is your store located?
· We are located in Lubbock, TX. The front of the store accommodates our walk-in customers, while the back is used to process internet orders placed by customers all over the U.S.
· Here is our physical address:
6645 W. 19th St.
Lubbock, TX 79407
Toll Free: 1-888-543-2668
2. Are you affiliated with Boot City in Terre Haute, Indiana?
· No, we are not. We are a family owned business located in Lubbock, TX and do not have ties to the store in Terre Haute, Indiana. If you need to reach their store, please call the following number: 1-812-299-8379
3. What are your store hours?
· Internet Customer Service Hours:
· Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM—5:00 PM CST
· Saturday-Sunday: Closed
· Walk-In Store Hours:
· Monday-Saturday: 9:00 AM—7:00 PM CST
· Sunday: 12:00 PM—6:00 PM CST
4. Are the products found on your website available for in-store purchases?
· Our website features a mixture of products we carry in our walk-in store as well as products we can order directly from the manufacturer. Please call 1-888-543-2668 or our local number 1-806-797-8782 if you are curious to know if a product you are interested in is available for in-store purchase and reference the product/model number.
5. Does your website reflect real time inventory?
· Unfortunately, our web-site does not reflect real time inventory. The sizes listed on the product page reflect the sizes available to order. You can always call us at 1-888-543-2668 or local 806-797-8782 to check stock availability on the item you are interested in.
6. Why does your web-site only list sizes available to order, but not real time inventory?
· Our web-site is set up like this for the following reasons:
· We like to give our customers the option to order products we do not carry in our walk-in store. A lot of the manufacturers are able to ship their products directly to the customer when an order is placed through a retail store. Due to this, we are not equipped to sync our web-site with the manufacturer’s on-hand inventory.
· We like to give our customers the option to place an order on products that are about to come-in. In other words, we try to be ahead of the game and add products that are about to hit the shelves…before they actually hit the shelves. This allows our customers to get a glimpse of the trends.
· We like to give our customers who do not mind waiting, the option to purchase items not available for immediate delivery. A lot of popular items are hard for manufacturers and our walk-in store to keep in stock. Due to the demand, some products might be placed on back-order. This happens with the customer’s permission, of course.
7. When will my order be processed?
· Orders placed on Monday-Friday before 4:00 PM CST will be processed the same day it was placed.
· Orders placed on Monday-Thursday after 4:00 PM CST will be processed the following business day.
· Orders placed on Friday after 4:00 PM CST-Sunday will be processed on Monday.
8. How do I place my order?
1. Go to the product page of the item you wish to purchase
2. On the right side of the screen you should see a box with “---Please Select---“and an arrow pointing down. Click on the arrow to drop down the list of sizes available.
3. Select the size you need from the list.
4. The quantity is default at 1. So you only have to change it if you wish to purchase more than 1 of the same size.
5. Click the blue “Add to Cart” button.
6. After you click the “Add to Cart” button, a window will pop-up that confirms the addition to your shopping cart. There will also be two options for you choose from: “Check Out Now” or “Continue Shopping”. Select the “Check Out Now” option if you do not need to add anything else to your order.
7. You will be directed to your shopping cart once you select the “Check Out Now” option. The shopping cart displays an overview of the product(s) you wish to purchase. The overview includes the Product Name, Size, Model or Product Number, Unit Price, and Total Price for the item before shipping and taxes if applicable.
8. Towards the bottom of the screen are several different options for you to use:
a. Use Coupon Code: Click on this link if you have a coupon code to type in. Once the coupon code is typed in, you will need to click the “Apply Coupon” button.
b. Use Gift Voucher: Click on this link if you have a Gift Voucher code to type in. Once the Gift Voucher code is typed in, you will need to click the “Apply Voucher” button.
c. Estimate Shipping & Taxes: Click on the drop down arrow beside “Region/State” and select the state that you are shipping to. Once the state is selected, you can type in your zip code. Click on the “Get Quotes” button and select what type of shipping you would like from the pop-up window. After you select the shipping, you can click the “Apply Shipping” button. This will direct you back to the Shopping Cart screen. From there you will need to click on the “Estimate Shipping & Taxes” link again to display the results.
9. Click on the “Checkout” button located in the middle on the right side of the screen.
10. On the “Secure Checkout” page you will have several steps displayed. Step 1 provides you with the option to “Register Account”, “Guest Checkout”, or log in if you are already have an account.
11. Click on the “Continue” button to continue to “Step 2”
12. Step 2 is where you put in your billing information. Fill out the fields accordingly. Make sure the information you provide is filled out correctly, especially the email address, phone number, and bill to address. We mainly communicate via e-mails, but we will call if any issues come up when we process your order. Any errors in the Bill To Address fields may prevent the order from going through.
13. After you fill out the required fields, you have the option to skip Step 3: Delivery Details by making sure there is a check mark in the box next to “My Delivery and Billing addresses are the same”. Make sure there is not a check mark next to that option if you are going to use a different delivery address than your billing address. You will also need to provide a physical delivery address if your billing address is a PO Box.
14. Click on the “Continue” button to continue to Step 3: Delivery Details if you would like the order to ship to an address different than your billing address, or Step 4: Delivery Method if you are shipping to the same address as your billing address.
15. Step 3: Delivery Details is where you will need to provide the name of the person receiving the package and the shipping address. Please make sure the address does not contain errors and that it is a physical address and not a PO Box.
16. Click on the “Continue” button to continue to Step 4: Delivery Method
17. Step 4: Delivery Method is where you can select what kind of UPS delivery you prefer. We offer the following UPS services:
· UPS Ground: Customer receives order within 7-10 business days not counting the day the order was placed.
· UPS 3rd Day Select:
a. Orders received before 11:00 AM CST—Customer receives the order within 3 business days not counting the day the order was placed.
b. Orders received after 11:00 AM CST—Customer receives the order within 4 business days not counting the day the order was placed.
· UPS 2nd Day Air:
a. Orders received before 10:00 AM CST—Customer receives the order within 2 business days not counting the day the order was placed.
b. Orders received after 10:00 AM CST—Customer receives the order within 3 business days not counting the day the order was placed.
· UPS Next Day Air:
a. Orders received before 10:00 AM CST—Customer receives the order the next business day.
b. Orders received after 10:00 AM CST—Customer receives the order within 2 business days not counting the day the order was placed.
18. Click the “Continue” button to continue to Step 5: Payment Method (we accept all credit cards or PayPal)
19. Select the payment method of your choice.
a. Credit or Debit Card
· Click the “Continue” button and you will proceed to Step 6: Confirm Order (only submit once no matter what)
· Review your order and your final total is displayed. If everything looks correct, continue to “Credit Card Details”.
· Select your credit card type from the drop down menu.
· Type in your credit card number without the spaces.
· Select the card expiration’s month and year from the drop down menu.
· Enter the Security (CVV2) number.
· Submit your Order by clicking on the “Confirm Order” button.
· Review your order and your final total is displayed.
· Click on the “Confirm Order” button.
· You will be directed to PayPal’s checkout page where you can log-in with your PayPal account and finish the process.
20. You will be directed to a page that states your order has been processed.
9. What happens after I place my order?
1. You should automatically receive a confirmation or receipt of purchase e-mail after you submit your order if you pay with a credit card. Please make sure you enter your e-mail address and phone number correctly.
2. An automatic email confirmation will not be sent if you check-out via PayPal. We will begin email correspondence once we start to process your order.
3. You should see a pending transaction on your account for the amount of the order.
4. We check on-hand inventory at our walk-in store and at the corresponding factory if it is a product we do not have available for immediate delivery at our walk-in store. The factory provides us with a back-order date if the product you are interested in is not available for immediate delivery. We will notify you via phone or email if your order might fall into a back-order status and request your permission to keep the order or cancel it.
5. After we confirm stock at our walk-in store and at the factory, we will charge your account and prep the order for shipping if it ships from our walk-in store or place the order with the factory.
6. We will send you another email letting you know that your order has been processed and is ready to ship to you.
10. What is a back-order exactly?
· Back-orders occur when the product you purchase is not available for immediate delivery. We will notify you of the back-order via phone and e-mail. You can give us back-order permission and allow us to charge your card at the time of order or you can ask us to cancel the order and we will void the payment authorization, which allows the pending transaction to fall off of your account within 2-5 business days.
· We place reminders in our calendars to check the status of back-orders when it gets closer to the estimated time of availability and will keep you updated during the process if you decide to keep your order.
11. Do you e-mail tracking numbers?
· We will e-mail tracking numbers as soon as they become available on orders that ship from our walk-in store or from the Justin, Tony Lama, Nocona, Dan Post, Laredo, and Dingo factories.
· You can always call us at 1-888-543-2668 Monday thru Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST three business days after your order is placed if you would like to receive your tracking information on an order that ships from a factory that is not listed.
12. Will I be notified of any delays?
· Of course! We will notify you via phone and email if your order will experience any type of delay. Some manufacturers, such as Wrangler and Cinch, cannot ship direct to customers. This means those products would have to ship to our walk-in store first and then we would ship them to you as soon as they come in. We will also notify you of any possible back-orders and ask for your permission to process or cancel your order.
13. Do manufacturers experience any delays?
· Yes, some manufacturers experience delays due to high volumes of orders. Stock boots at Anderson Bean (model numbers that start with S or K) and Ariat can take 10 business days for the order to be processed and prepped for shipping. Other manufacturers can experience a 2-3 business day delay during the holiday season.
14. Why do some Anderson Bean, Rios of Mercedes, and Corral boots have a notice of a 60-120 day back-order in the product description?
· Most of the Anderson Bean and Rios of Mercedes boots we have on our website are specially made for our store. This means the manufacturer will not have back stock at their warehouse and any size that is not in stock at our walk-in store will have to be made, which can take 60-120 days if the leather is readily available. Corral boots are also handmade and they do not keep a lot of excess sizes in stock at the warehouse.
15. How can I receive updates on specials and coupons?
· We notify customers of upcoming specials and coupons via our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/bootcity . Please become a fan of our page to stay updated on current events, Wacky Wednesday, in-store and on-line promotions.
16. How do I remove an item from my Shopping Cart?
1. Go to your Shopping Cart by clicking on the hyperlink between My Account and Checkout or the button that has a picture of the shopping cart with a number of item(s)—Dollar Figure next to it.
2. Go to the Quantity column and change the quantity to 0.
3. Click on the two arrows forming a circle.
4. The screen will refresh and the product will be removed from your shopping cart.
17. How do I return merchandise for refund or exchange?
· You can call us at 1-888-543-2668 Monday thru Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST or e-mail email@example.com to request an RMA number for credit or exchange within 30 days of delivery. Merchandise must be in new condition, clean, and show no signs of wear. We recommend trying boots on at home and walk on carpet to see how the boots fit. Keep original tags intact and hold onto corresponding package materials as well as the boot box. Wrap your package in shipping paper or place it inside another box to avoid restocking fees. Returns must be shipped with prepaid freight and should be insured via the carrier of your choice. Send the package to:
Boot City Internet Co.
6645 W. 19th Street
RMA: (Insert your designated RMA number)
· Refunds: We will issue a refund for the amount of the item purchased when the merchandise reaches our walk-in store. Shipping charges are non-refundable. Refunds tend to take 2-5 business days to post.
· Exchanges: We will process the exchange when the merchandise reaches our walk-in store. We will contact you if the item you are exchanging for is more expensive than the original item that was purchased so we can get your payment information and charge you for the difference. We will process a credit for the difference if the item you are exchanging for is a lesser amount than the item that was originally purchased.
18. Do you store, share, or sell customer information?
· BootCity.com does not share, sell or trade e-mail addresses.
· Except to verify credit card information to complete your order, we do not use or release any credit card or financial information for any purpose. We may use customer information for marketing and promotional purposes. For privacy purposes, all information relating to our customers is stored on a highly secure server that is not accessible via the Internet.
· Security: The security of your credit card and personal information is a top priority. When you place an order with us online, your order information is protected using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology (128 Bit Encryption), which encrypts all personal information before it is transmitted over the Internet. You can rest assured that your transaction is confidential and secure.
· We do not keep your Credit Card Information in our Databases
· We are involved with the cowboy boot reviews project, your order id and purchase details were shared with the review project. No personal information, not even your name was given to them. You will receive an email from us to review your boots, if you choose to leave your name and email address with the boot review project that is up to you.
· Remember when you buy cowboy boots online to buy from a reputable boot dealer who can back your purchase up with real western style customer care. Boot City has been selling cowboy boots online since this internet thing started, and our stores in Texas will be here just as long as Texas. So buy your boots from us, please.
19. Do you ship to PO boxes?
· No, we do not. We need a physical address for all orders.
20. What type of shipping do you offer and what is the estimated time of arrival for an order?
· Orders that are in stock and available for immediate delivery are shipped via UPS.
· UPS 3rd Day Select:
b. Orders received after 11:00 AM CST—Customer receives the order within 4 business days not counting the day the order was placed.
c. Orders received before 10:00 AM CST—Customer receives the order within 2 business days not counting the day the order was placed.
d. Orders received after 10:00 AM CST—Customer receives the order within 3 business days not counting the day the order was placed.
e. Orders received before 10:00 AM CST—Customer receives the order the next business day.
f. Orders received after 10:00 AM CST—Customer receives the order within 2 business days not counting the day the order was placed.
21. What is the dead-line for 2014 Christmas delivery?
· Please call us at 1-888-543-2668 for the holiday shipping schedule.
22. Will you be open on Thanksgiving?
· We will be closed on Thanksgiving and re-open for business on Friday. This means that any order placed after 4:00 PM CST on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving will not be processed until 9:00 AM CST on Friday.
Thank you for your patronage and for shopping with us. We, at Boot City, appreciate your business.